Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs Interest-Free Student Loan Scheme
Interest Free Loan Scheme has been introduced by the government to expand higher education opportunities for the students who are unable to secure a placement in State Universities although they have qualified in G. C. E. (Advanced Level) Examination, to achieve their higher education aspirations.
This scheme facilitate studying following degree programmes at SIBA for those who passed G. C. E. A/L in 2018.
Graduate Opportunities Offered by SIBA
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Top Up)
- Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)
- Higher National Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
Minimum Qualifications for Admission
– At least Simple (S) passes in A/L in 2018 for all three subjects in one and same sitting and not exceeding three sittings (Entry criteria differs for each degree programme)
– Minimum 30 marks for Common General Test
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit their applications using the web portal
Please read the Student Guide Book for more details available in the above web portal
RS. 800,000.00 WORTH INTEREST FREE LOAN
Loan payment period is 8/7 years after completing the degree of 3/ 4 years respectively with additional one year grace period. Payments are not required to be made during the study period
Students who follow the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree and serve for 7 years as a teacher in a government school in a difficult area will be eligible for a waive off of the full loan amount taken under the above scheme
Students are also eligible for a stipend of Rs. 75,000.00 per annum which can be utilized for accommodation and meals if studying in an institute far from home.